Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filed vawa + got ead and advance parole on c09 category

Hello,

I got married here in USA on visitor visa ( after 5 months of visitor visa). Then got divorced because of abuse
    in marriage and filed for vawa.

My vawa application and i-485 application is going on. I got my combo card of EAD and advance parole on c09 category.

If I travel on advance parole to my country, while coming back, do they create any issues as I got married on visitor visa
    or I can re-enter on my granted advance parole ?

Do I need to apply for NIE (National Interest Exceptions) for coming back to usa as I have advance parole ?

Thanks.

Are you going to one of the countries subject to US entry ban (Mainland China, Iran, the Schengen Area, the UK, Ireland, Brazil, South Africa, or India)?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Hi,
      Here is my response.
      If I travel on advance parole to my country, while coming back, do they create any issues as I got married on visitor visa
      or I can re-enter on my granted advance parole ?
      Answer: You can return back to the country with the help of approved advance parole document. But it is very hard to confirm, you will not have any questions during port of entry. It is depend on situation and Officers. If officer raise the question about your previous visa details then you will be in the situation to provide valid answer to satisfy them.
      Do I need to apply for NIE (National Interest Exceptions) for coming back to usa as I have advance parole ?
      Answer: Please note, person with advance parole are not exempted from the travel ban. And also, they are not eligible to obtain an NIE with the help of advance parole document. But, if you have family in the USA, with the help of this reason, you can try for NIE Approval.
      Thanks

Comment

Yes going to India.

Comment

The India ban specifically applies only to entry as nonimmigrants. So entry on Advance Parole should not be affected.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I got NIE on advance parole.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X