Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combo card sent back due to error, will a separate I-512 document be sent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combo card sent back due to error, will a separate I-512 document be sent?

My wife is in process with the AOS process for a green card. She recently received the EAD/AP combo card. As her birthdate was incorrect on the card, we sent this back, with the explanation letter and a new EAD application, as it seems that the wrong birthdate was our error on the initial 765 form.
    We previously received approval notices for both the AP document and the EAD/AP combo card. Only the EAD/AP combo card arrived, the separate AP document did not arrive.

I was unsure if the combo card, which indicated 'serves as I-512', is the only I-512 related document that we will receive or if a separate I-512 paper document will also be sent, per the approval notice.

As we sent the combo card back with a new EAD application, should we also have completed a new AP application at the same time? i.e. if there isn't a separate I-512 coming, and we haven't done a new AP application, is there a risk that we will only get an EAD card back, and not a combo card?

Hoping that others who received the combo card will be able to help with the above questions, and if anyone who has been through something similar, can share how long the process took to get the replacement EAD or EAD/AP combo card?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by mocarey; 10-18-2021, 05:47 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X