EAD/advanced parole: case is stuck with USCIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD/advanced parole: case is stuck with USCIS

My priority date for I-485 (EB2 category) is 03 Aug 2009. My priority date became current in Sept 2020; however, USCIS has not taken any decision on my case yet. I even have not received RFE for my I-693. I contacted USCIS multiple times myself and through local senators/congressman also. But still no progress on my case.

My EAD also expired in Aug 2021. I filed for EAD/advanced parole renewal in Mar2021. But no action on my EAD either. I submitted request to expedite my EAD and provided supporting documents showing need of continuous medical insurance my son due to his medical condition, and thus, need of keeping my job (my insurance is thr' my employer). But USCIS rejected it. If I don't get EAD/GC by 02/2022, I will lose my job and, thus medical insurance. I also filed for I-131 expedited request as father underwent heart surgery, but they rejected it also despite submitting all medical documents of my father.

What are my options to make sure I get EAD on time (hopefully a combo card) so that I won't lose my job.

Look forward to you suggestions. Thank you.

Hi Member,
    I think you raised expedited through medical reason. Instead of that, you can raise a expedited request through your Job itself..
    Please see below USCIS guidelines for this.
    USCIS may consider an expedite request if it meets one or more of the following criteria or circumstance:
    • Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
      1. Timely file the benefit request , or
      2. Timely respond to any requests for additional evidence;
    • Emergencies and urgent humanitarian reasons;
    • Nonprofit organization (as designated by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)) whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;
    • U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for federal agencies such as the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Labor, DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
    • Clear USCIS error.
    As per first point, you may seek the EAD under expedited request.

Here is guidelines for making expedite request.

You can generally request expedited processing by contacting the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 (TTY for the deaf, hard of hearing, or those having a speech disability: 1-800-767-1833) or by asking Emma after you have obtained a receipt notice. (You can access Emma by clicking on the Ask Emma icon on the top right of this page). The USCIS Contact Center will not be able to refer the expedite request to the appropriate office without a receipt number. When you call to request expedited processing, the USCIS Contact Center creates and forwards a service request to the office with jurisdiction over your application or petition.

After receiving the service request, the reviewing office may request additional documentation to support expedited processing. A decision on an expedite request is not an approval or a denial of the underlying benefit request. The expedite decision simply informs the requestor whether USCIS will take the benefit request out of date order and issue a decision (approval or denial) faster than the normal processing time.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X