EAD (I-765) & Advanced Parole (I-131)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD (I-765) & Advanced Parole (I-131)

I am in the process of sponsoring my parents GC. They are in the US currently (on B2) so I will be filing the I-130 for each and both of them will be filing I-485 each. My question is should I plan to file both EAD (I-765) & Advanced Parole (I-131) for both of them? They don't plan to work here in US, but I want to have a "travel ready" document for them in case they need to travel back to their home country and come back here. Both I-765 and I-131 are fees based forms ($410 & $575 respectively) so trying to see if I need to file both or one will suffice? Thank you.

Hi Member,

Please see my response below.

My question is should I plan to file both EAD (I-765) & Advanced Parole (I-131) for both of them? They don't plan to work here in US, but I want to have a "travel ready" document for them in case they need to travel back to their home country and come back here. Both I-765 and I-131 are fees based forms ($410 & $575 respectively) so trying to see if I need to file both or one will suffice?
    Answer: It is really up to petitioner/ Applicant to seek the benefit.. But if you ask me, I would have suggested to apply for both the petition then get approved as you will get combo card.
    Once you get EAD, It is not compulsory to work on that but if you have one then you may use it any time in the future and you dont want to wait for long time when it requires.

All the best.
    Thanks

Comment

The last thing I read is that I-765 and I-131 are free when you do the AOS in the US.
      That is why most people send both at the same time they send the I-485.
      Good luck.

Edit: used https://www.uscis.gov/feecalculator and it says the I-765 and I-131 fees for Adjustment of Status are $0.00
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X