Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling back to the US with EAD/AP combo card after I-485 approval

Hi all,

I know that one can travel with AP while I-485 is pending.

My question is: Can you enter the US with EAD/AP combo card (valid, not expired) when your I-485 is approved instead of pending?

Let me explain my situation:
    I have been waiting for I-485 interview for 1-2 years. I work in the US with a H1B status, nevertheless, I have applied the EAD/AP combo card just as a backup.

So I have traveled to Hong Kong in early June, 2022. My original plan was to renew my H1B visa stamp and enter the US in Sept with a valid H1B visa.

However, a few days ago I received an electronic message from USCIS that my I-485 is approved (without an interview). USCIS have mailed the green card to my address in the US.

I wonder if anyone in the forum had been in the same situation as I am?

I have the EAD/AP combo card with me. Can I travel back to the US with my combo card, given that my I-485 is approved?

Best,
    Jake

You can board the flight with the Advance Parole. At the port of entry, tell them that your I-485 is approved and they should be able to admit you as a permanent resident.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Congrats! If you don't mind checking for me: What was the Effective Date of your combo card? Curious to know if the effective date was date of approval or shipped?

Long-story: We got approval on 7/25 (after multiple expedite requests) but have to travel on 7/27. Have an emergency appt on 7/27 before the flight.

Comment

Originally posted by tyoty View Post
        Congrats! If you don't mind checking for me: What was the Effective Date of your combo card? Curious to know if the effective date was date of approval or shipped?

Long-story: We got approval on 7/25 (after multiple expedite requests) but have to travel on 7/27. Have an emergency appt on 7/27 before the flight.
        Effective date is typically the date when it is approved.
        | This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice |

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X