Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling with O-1, but without Advance Parole

Hi everyone,

First of all, thank you taking the time to read through this, I really appreciate your help.

I'm currently on an O-1 visa that's still valid well into 2025, and I've applied for AOS, AP and EAD in late August.

The problem: I need to travel for work in early December.

It seems very unlikely that the Advance Parole will be approved in time, and from what I could find in the internet, financial loss for the company usually doesn't get you an Emergency Advance Parole.

I've spoken to the company lawyer about this. He mentioned that there's a special rule for H, L, K and V visa holders to still travel without an Advance Parole (they'd abandon the AP while traveling) and that while O visas aren't specifically mentioned – he never experienced any problems when an O visa holder left and returned to the US without an AP while waiting for their AOS.

It's really hard to find any information around this online, and I surely don't want to endanger my ability to stay and live in the US.

So my question is, if anyone had made similar experiences or has any additional information on this scenario.

Thank you so much,
    Nico

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X