Mom GC/Advance Parole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom GC/Advance Parole

I sponsored my mother's green card and also filed an Advance Parole Travel document along with the green card application form. We have a family emergency event and we first tried to expedite the existing parole document and didn't hear back from USCIS on this front. So we went to the local field office and took an appointment with the officer, they gave us an advance parole which has a validity only for 30 days and my mother needs to come to the country by Dec 2nd. The officer told me that local field office cannot issue more than 30 days and only service center can do it.

Our dilemma is 30 days validity with current advance parole which is very tight for my mother given she is very old and always sick and worried that if she falls sick then there is no way she can come back in 30 days.

My question is if there is another parole document which is in progress being reviewed by the USCIS service center and if we get that in the next few months, can my mom enter the US with that advance parole document? We read somewhere in the forum that says that since the field office issued an advance parole then my mother cannot enter the US back with the other advance parole issued by USCIS - given she left the country with the advance parole issued by the local field office.

We are going to call USCIS and get a clarification - if we use the advance parole issued by local field office with 30 day validity to leave the country and due to unforeseen circumstances my mother trip gets extended by a month - can she then re-enter US back with the advance parole document issued by the service center given her original advance parole is expired and she cannot use that.

Any suggestion in this matter is helpful. Appreciate your insights. ​

Sorry to hear about your situation. When I requested for an emergency AP from a local field office, I requested the officer for an extended validity explaining the situation in which I had to travel and they issued me an emergency AP (paper document) with 6 months validity, to be able to travel and return.
    | This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice |

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X