Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing Fee for I-131 when applied concurrently with I-485

Hi,

I am filing for my mom's (75 year old) GC. I have already filed I-130. I will be sending applications for I-485, I-131 (AP), and I-693 (Medical) in one package. I have the following questions.

1. Do I need to send two checks for the filing fee? (1) for I-485 & (1) for I-131 (AP)?
    2. My mom is not planning to work here. Is there any benefit in applying for EAD?

Thanks!

1. I-765 for EAD and I-131 for Advance Parole are both free for I-485 applicants.
    2. She will get an SSN with her EAD if she does not already have one. (She will get an SSN with her green card if she does not already have one too, but EAD may come faster.) She can get a driver's license/state ID with her EAD, whereas she night not be able to with her current status, or it may expire with her status, depending on the state. The EAD itself can be used as an ID for boarding domestic flights, if she doesn't want to use her passport.
    Last edited by newacct; 12-13-2022, 02:57 AM.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      1. I-765 for EAD and I-131 for Advance Parole are both free for I-485 applicants.
      2. She will get an SSN with her EAD if she does not already have one. (She will get an SSN with her green card if she does not already have one too, but EAD may come faster.) She can get a driver's license/state ID with her EAD, whereas she night not be able to with her current status, or it may expire with her status, depending on the state. The EAD itself can be used as an ID for boarding domestic flights, if she doesn't want to use her passport.
      Thanks for the response!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X