Using an Advance Parole document multiple times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using an Advance Parole document multiple times

I married my wife and we are going through the AoS process. She has received her Advance Parole Travel Document, EAD, and the I-130 has already been approved, but we are still waiting on the I-485. We want to travel to her home country to visit her family, which I'm pretty sure was listed as the reason for travel when she applied for her travel document. The document is good for multiple uses.
    1. Would there be a problem using it to go on vacation to another country later on?
    2. Also, although the document states it's multiple use, there appears to only be one area for a stamp - would it really be okay to use the exact same document twice?

1. No problem. She did not actually need to provide any reason when applying for Advance Parole as an AOS applicant.
    2. Yes, it's okay to use it multiple times. If she got the paper AP (instead of the combo card), I believe she got two pieces of paper, and they will take one of the papers when she uses it for the first time, and she keeps the other paper which can be used for multiple times in the future.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X