Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-131A for lost Advance Parole in India

Hi

I am in same boat as VinodhP member who in earlier post posted on how to get I-131A for lost Advance Parole.

I sent email to Delhi Embassy requesting appointment for I-131A for my lost advance parole and they replied with list of documents. One of the documents they are asking is "
    A copy of your green card evidencing your legal permanent resident (LPR) status." and Evidence of filing I-751 (if applicable).

In the email I requested appointment for I-131A and also mentioned request is for lost I-521L advance parole document. I even put USCIS I-131A link and also https://fam.state.gov/FAM/09FAM/09FA...tml#M202_3_3_A.

I am confused why they are asking copy of green card when my request is for I-131A on behalf of lost I-521L advance parole document.

Anyone any idea. Your help is appreciated and I am very thankful
    ​

It used to be that I-131A can only be filed for a lost/expired green card. The lost Advance Parole was added later. They probably haven't updated the text. I would just provide evidence of your Advance Parole and see what happens.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank You for advice and help.

I do not have a photocopy of my lost advance parole (I-512L) but have advance parole approval notice i-797. Would it suffice to send them advance parole approval notice I-797? do i also need to send my i-485 pending application receipt?

Comment

Hello Folks, I am in a similar situation and would like to know how you were able to get the Advance parole Boarding Foil? can you tell me which consulate responded and how much time it took?

Comment

Hi, My son a minor lost his 512L, we got the congresswoman to help us to push US Consulate in Mumbai to give us an interivew. He has submitted his passport for boarding foil but what we don't know where to collect the passport. We have no way of tracking where it is as it is not a visa process on ustravedocs. He is missing school.

Comment

HI, It takes more than a week to get USCIS moving on anything.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X