Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combo EAD and Advance Parole Card when filing to Different lockboxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combo EAD and Advance Parole Card when filing to Different lockboxes?

Hello,

I need some advice on how to file for my EAD and AP renewals. Every year till now, I've filed the EAD and AP separately but am hoping to file them together to receive the combo card. Here's my question/problem.

Through some quirk that I am not sure I understand, It seems that my I-485 was receipted through the Texas Service Center rather than the Nebraska Service Center. Rules for proper filing location appear to differ for (APs) rather than for EADs.

EAD applicants seem to have to file the I-765 at the USCIS lockbox having jurisdiction over the FN's place of residence, which means my EAD application should go to the Arizona lockbox. [I am from the mid-west] For advance paroles, the rule appears to be that I have to file the I-131 based on the receipt number on the I-485 on which AP eligibility is based. (i.e, If the I-485 receipt starts with LIN or WAC, we have to file the I-131 with the Arizona lockbox. If the I-485 receipt starts with SRC or EAC, we have to file the I-131 with the Texas lockbox.)

Therefore, in my case, it appears that my AP application has to be filed at the Texas lockbox and the EAD has to be filed at the Arizona lockbox. It appears to be that USCIS only issues combined EAD & AP cards if the two forms are filed together but for my case, the instructions on where to file appear to prevent the two forms from being filed together.

What do I do to get the combo card? Does anyone have any similar experience to share?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X