mid-vendor sued me and my new employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mid-vendor sued me and my new employer

I work in a company A (H1B EMPLOYER) through mid vendor B, direct vendor( to client) C and work for end client D

A(H1B)--->B(mid vendor)--->C(direct vendor)--->D(end client)

mid vendor B arranged my work at client D and the owner of B is also a contractor at D and hence he has all control on the salary and hence he harrasses me on onsite work location.

I complained to client D and hence client D agreed to move me to a different vendor V. Hence I moved my H1b to vendor V and started working.

Now ex mid vendor B has sued me and company V for lost of revenue, breaking of contract, and has appealed the court that i should not be allowed to work at client D through any other company. Claimed compensation for the revenue loss and attorney fees too.

I have not signed any contract/non compete with A, B and C but my H1B company A must have signed a contract with B which I am not aware of but it doesn't have my signature.

Please advise where i stand. I am going to hire an attorney too.

Is B your employer ? Or are you self-employed? Who signed the contract with B? Determine that first. Contracts are enforceable depending upon the terms involved. Only attorneys can give you the best advice on this.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

B is not my employer, its a mid vendor. A is my employer who sponsored my H1B. A signed a contract with B. I did not sign anything.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X