Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa to work at a restaurant?

Hi there,

I got a job offer to be the manager at a restaurant, Ill work there until June 2011, since it is when my OPT expires.
    However, I would to work there longer than that. I was told by a good lawyer from Los Angeles, that there are almost no chances to get a H1B visa to work at a restaurant, is that correct? if you so what do other options do I have in terms of visa, work permit or anything that would allow me to work there legally?

Thanks
    Bokeron

What is your degree in? Does a restaurant manager position require one to have a degree? I have to warn you that OPT has to be used in the field of your education. You just cannot go work at any place of your choice on OPT.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

That is ok since I got my OPT after I got a certificate at UCLA in marketing, and that is what I am doing at the restaurant, marketing.
      My degree is in journalism but I have a minor in marketing and as I said that is what I want to get into and what I am doing at the restaurant.
      So what options do I have to work there legally? what should I do?

Comment

Please,anyone let me know about my situation, I would like to know what I can do....
        thanks

Comment

It has been answered before. If your position has a degree requirement, a H1b can be sponsored. If not, there is no option. With a Journalism degree and marketing degree, find other jobs that can sponsor a H1 if you wish to.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X