Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help figure this out: 140 approved, need to switch jobs !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help figure this out: 140 approved, need to switch jobs !

Hey guys

I could really use your help to figure out my options, kind of stuck between a Rock and a hard place:

Job1 (Minnesota): Filed my EB3 application, Priority date July 2007. 140 was approved and 485 remained pending forever. Quit the job in 2011 to Job 2
    Job2 (California): Filed my EB2 application, 140 approved Sep 2012 with the ported priority date. EB2 is at Sep 2004 currently so can't file 485

Now at Job2, my position was eliminated and I've been given a choice to relocate to North Carolina or be done here.

I've been told by our attorney that if I do relocate, I would have to re-start my EB2 process since my 140 is tied in with my current location and position. So now I am just in a bad position and am trying to figure out what can I salvage from my EB2 application.

At this point if I switch to a new Job, Job3, who are willing to sponsor my H1 and continue supporting my GC process, would I be able to use my EB2 approved 140 (as long as Job2 company does not revoke it) or will I need to start from scratch and do Labor/PERM/140 with the new job?

Any insight or ideas would be great! I have about a month left with this company. Thanks!

Need to move this thread to a different section of the forum, please ignore here...thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X