Urgent Pls: PERM Job Ad vs Experience letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Pls: PERM Job Ad vs Experience letters

My future employer is planning to do a PERM EB2 filing for me, and the job ad is ready.
    My question is based on this given situation:

The job advertisement has job duties and skills. My experience letters from my best ex-employer and from a couple affidavits from colleagues has all the skills for sure. But when it comes to the job duties, there is not a 100% "keyword to keyword" "verbatim" match. As examples, the job ad says "data-analysis" and the experience letters show "analysis of data". Similarly there can be other words, verbs like "Performing" in the job ad and instead "executing" in the experience letters.

To this my employer says there is a high risk for denial as the experience letters will appear as not-supporting the reqt, as usually a computer tries to match the letters vs job ad, and it may find it as not matching. Or a person who is not technical enough may be trying to do the matching process, and he may find the mismatch too. My employer insists that all the keywords in ad must be an exact match in the experience letters. And he suggested me to check with different sources including other lawyers for second opinions. For me, its not easy to go and request experience letters just for this reason.

I strongly feel the nature of the job duties must very clearly indicate that it meets the job ad, in meaning, and it need not be "Verbatim". Also it will not appear to be genuine if my experience letters have "verbatim" match. I would love to hear that you support my employer's version, as at the end of the day I want to see progress as I spent too many efforts with hope on getting the letters and they MUST not go wasted, to be extremely fair.

Please let me know what do you think with your experiences.
    Thanks,

Urgent Pls: PERM Job Ad vs Experience letters

Hi, I don't think the job duties should exactly match on your experience certificates. I am also getting the experience letters from my previous supervisor. I have got a copy of experience letter from my lawyer that I need to get from my previous supervisor. My lawyer asked me to get signed on that letter on my previous employer's letterhead. It should match the educational requirements and skills required of your new job, but not the job duties of your new job.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X