Green Card Help/Guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card Help/Guidance

I landed in US on 25-May-2008 and went outside US twice for a month each time (I hope I get 2 months grace period) resulting in my H1B expiry date to 25-July-2014 (I hope!).

I am looking for a change, and I have received calls from various consultancies who have offered to hold my visa and sponsor GC process for me, if I can manage to get a project on Corp-2-Corp basis.

Questions:
    - Is that safe to go for such model just for GC processing?
    - Are there any precautions that I need to take before venturing into such working model?
    - I have never been in contracting, hence being concerned about being out of project, and what other things that could go wrong, any suggestions there?
    - Being a PMP certified IT Project Manager and over 12 years of continuous experience within IT area, what kind of rate I could expect? My preferred city is Charlotte, NC?
    - Any suggested list of consulting companies with good reputation over making salary payments, GC processing etc, if you could send me private message, that will be great.
    - Few consulting companies also offered "future employment GC" that can be started right now? Is that option recommended? I want to go for that as a last resort though!
    - Any other suggestions for my given suggestions?

This kind of approach is very risky as it is against the basic idea of employment based green card.

Find a regular permanent job and then file for green card.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X