Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job offered in US by multinational

Hi all,

So a multinational US-headquartered organization has offered me a job in the UK. I have asked if I can be based out in the US (California) and they've said fine. Regarding visa's what are my options? I understand it is as:-

L1 (internal transfer) is only possible after 12 months of working in that company in the uk.

H1b is a possibility but its all lottery based now so even if i file chances of getting it are small.

I find it hard to believe such a big company cannot get me over and that there are just 2 visas which can be used in this case.

Appreciate any help.

Originally posted by nudda View Post
    Hi all,

So a multinational US-headquartered organization has offered me a job in the UK. I have asked if I can be based out in the US (California) and they've said fine. Regarding visa's what are my options? I understand it is as:-

L1 (internal transfer) is only possible after 12 months of working in that company in the uk.

H1b is a possibility but its all lottery based now so even if i file chances of getting it are small.

I find it hard to believe such a big company cannot get me over and that there are just 2 visas which can be used in this case.

Appreciate any help.
    Well there are nearly 100,000 People who enter US on H1/L1 each year, but prima facie these are the most common ones.

See if you qualify for any other visa types, if not, work for the company in UK from now till Oct, ask company to file H1 in April 2014, if all goes well you can go to US by Oct 2014.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Working...
    X