X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB2 Eligibility Question

Folks,

I need help filing under EB2 category.

I have a Bachelors degree (3yrs) + Masters degree(2yrs) both from India. I also have 10 + years of experience after my education. My lawyers informed me that they could file only on EB3 category. I don't know the reason why. I have yet to ask them. Before I ask that question to them I would like to have a fair idea whether I can be qualified under EB2 category.

This is the job description that was posted. Also please let me know if you have any references to attorneys that could do the needful. I will check with them so that I can make sure I am qualified under EB2 category.

Education: Bachelor's or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science or a related field. Company will accept 3 year Bachelor's degree.
    Experience: 7yrs

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by MadhuJolla View Post
    Folks,

I need help filing under EB2 category.

I have a Bachelors degree (3yrs) + Masters degree(2yrs) both from India. I also have 10 + years of experience after my education. My lawyers informed me that they could file only on EB3 category. I don't know the reason why. I have yet to ask them. Before I ask that question to them I would like to have a fair idea whether I can be qualified under EB2 category.

This is the job description that was posted. Also please let me know if you have any references to attorneys that could do the needful. I will check with them so that I can make sure I am qualified under EB2 category.

Education: Bachelor's or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science or a related field. Company will accept 3 year Bachelor's degree.
    Experience: 7yrs

Thank you in advance.
    Dont mean to discourage you but even with decades of experience an EB2 with a 3 Years Bachelor's from India is nearly impossible. Its a waste of legal advice/money/time to try to pursue that route .

This is because 3 Years's Bachelor's from India is not considered equivalent to US Bachelor's. 4 Year continuous degree courses in India are considered equivalent to Indian Bachelor's.

If you are able to do your Master's in US then you will become eligible for EB2.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X