Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documents required for Cross chargeability

Hi,

I am an Indian Citizen, in US for more than 8 months. My employer would be sponsoring my GC soon. Since my wife was born in Baghdad Iraq, I want to know what all documents are required for getting the benefits of cross chargeability? At what stage I need to provide these documents. Also my wife doesn't have her ORIGINAL birth certificate and certificate from Indian Embassy in Iraq. However, we do have the photocopies of both these documents. Please advise what can be done to get the benefits of Cross chargeability.

Thanks !

Documents

Originally posted by puneetjain777 View Post
    Hi,

I am an Indian Citizen, in US for more than 8 months. My employer would be sponsoring my GC soon. Since my wife was born in Baghdad Iraq, I want to know what all documents are required for getting the benefits of cross chargeability? At what stage I need to provide these documents. Also my wife doesn't have her ORIGINAL birth certificate and certificate from Indian Embassy in Iraq. However, we do have the photocopies of both these documents. Please advise what can be done to get the benefits of Cross chargeability.

Thanks !
    1) Birth certificate of you and your wife-- As you have photo copies of them you should be good.
    2) Marriage Certificate
    3) On a white page-- Saying that your I485 should be charged to Iraq

Above 3 are the Major one's to prove that you are eligible for CC (Cross chargeability) other supporting documents are like.. If your wife has done education in iraq, have all her mark sheets photo copied too..

Best of luck..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X