Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I94 stay(without visa) can affect GC process

Hi,

My L1 visa expired in april 2012.( i had I94 valid till april-2014).

My company filed visa extension with USCIS in Aug 2012, i stayed in i-94 for 3 months before my company filed the extension.

Now my comapny is going to apply GC, Will my i-94 stay (in the past) will anywhere in the whole GC process can create any issues. I would really appreacialte your expert advise and inputs on this.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Neetu View Post
    Hi,

My L1 visa expired in april 2012.( i had I94 valid till april-2014).

My company filed visa extension with USCIS in Aug 2012, i stayed in i-94 for 3 months before my company filed the extension.

Now my comapny is going to apply GC, Will my i-94 stay (in the past) will anywhere in the whole GC process can create any issues. I would really appreacialte your expert advise and inputs on this.

Thanks.
    The dates seem to be a mis match, I-94 was valid till April 2014 then why extension was applied in Aug 2012? Was it approved?

But to answer to the broader question, as long as you didn't overstay I-94, and even if you overstayed I-94, the extension was filed before I-94 expiry, and you haven't spent more than 5 Years on L1B in US, then I dont think GC will be negatively impacted.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      The dates seem to be a mis match, I-94 was valid till April 2014 then why extension was applied in Aug 2012? Was it approved?

But to answer to the broader question, as long as you didn't overstay I-94, and even if you overstayed I-94, the extension was filed before I-94 expiry, and you haven't spent more than 5 Years on L1B in US, then I dont think GC will be negatively impacted.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thank you so much. Your advise/input is very helpful

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X