Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy of approved I-140 of previous employer

Hello,

Can some one tell me if I can use the FOIA and claim a copy of the approved I-140 which is under my previous eomployer. I had my I-140 approved under my previous employer and was just waiting for my PD to be come current, in th mean time i had better opportunity and moved to another job. My previous I-140 is not revoked and I have my perm LC approved under my new employer name. I would like to retain my PD from my initial perm application and would like to know what should I do and how should I get a copy of it.

I have the case number of my perm LC A# YYYY X is that sufficient to get my I-140 approved copy. I DONOT have the I-140 application receipt number.

Any suggestions, I know am definetly not the first person in this scenario. Google on the topic of "Approved I-140 Copy" tells a lot of storeis of reclaiming the I140 approval thru FOIA [G-639]. Does any one have a detail steps all what needs to be done and how much time would it take.

Hey guys,

I see my question is been viewed 46 times but I still have no answer, can some guru please shed light. I really appreciate some inputs on this.

Comment

Originally posted by thornberry View Post
      Hey guys,

I see my question is been viewed 46 times but I still have no answer, can some guru please shed light. I really appreciate some inputs on this.
      Hey,

My wife also had similar problem in 2011. We applied G639 and we got the approved copy with all the documents we have submitted to USCIS. Now my wife applied for I140 and we are waiting to hear back for the update.

When we applied G639, it took 6months for us to get all the information.

Thanks,
      Venkat

Comment

Originally posted by vbavisetti View Post
        Hey,

My wife also had similar problem in 2011. We applied G639 and we got the approved copy with all the documents we have submitted to USCIS. Now my wife applied for I140 and we are waiting to hear back for the update.

When we applied G639, it took 6months for us to get all the information.

Thanks,
        Venkat
        Thanks a lot for the reply Venkat, that's pretty good news. Can you please tell me the process for submitting G639 and all the steps involved in it (such as notary, fees etc...)
        Once again appreciate your response to my query.

Comment

[QUOTE=thornberry;346485]Thanks a lot for the reply Venkat, that's pretty good news. Can you please tell me the process for submitting G639 and all the steps involved in it (such as notary, fees etc...)
          Once again appreciate your response to my query.[/QUOT

Guys did you get actual copy of I140 approval (797)? I filed and i got it just form(approval) with stamp saying Petition of I140 is approved. I didn't get actual copy of it.

What option did you file to get actual approval 797 form?

Please share option under which you filed for copy.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X