Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card: Issues with last name

Hi,

My passport has First Name as "ABC XYZ" and Surname field is empty. As a result of this my H1b visa, driver license and Social security card has last name as LNU and first name as "ABC XYZ". Even my EAD had Last name as "LNU" and first name as "ABC XYZ". However the permanent residence card which i received last week has last name as "XYZ" and first name as "ABC". Please advise what should i do now. Should i file for name correction with USCIS to have last name as "LNU" and first name as "ABC XYZ". Does USCIS not accept LNU as last name.

My birthcertifciate has a single name field: ABC XYZ. There is no last name field in birth certificate.

Thanks

You need to "fix" your name, not the Green Card. Go to your county courthouse and apply for a court name change. "LNU" on all you documents is plain nonsense in the U.S., even though okay in other countries. I mean no disrespect to formatting conventions elsewhere...but having "LNU" on all your documents will be a source of confusion, if not humor, until you fix it.

--Ray B

Originally posted by GC809 View Post
    Hi,

My passport has First Name as "ABC XYZ" and Surname field is empty. As a result of this my H1b visa, driver license and Social security card has last name as LNU and first name as "ABC XYZ". Even my EAD had Last name as "LNU" and first name as "ABC XYZ". However the permanent residence card which i received last week has last name as "XYZ" and first name as "ABC". Please advise what should i do now. Should i file for name correction with USCIS to have last name as "LNU" and first name as "ABC XYZ". Does USCIS not accept LNU as last name.

My birthcertifciate has a single name field: ABC XYZ. There is no last name field in birth certificate.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X