Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching Employers with only 14 months H1B - GC Elibility

Hi,

I have a question regarding the filing of GC.

I am on L1B visa from Employer A and completed 4.9 years, now Employer B has filed my H1B this year and i got the H1B for 14 months(from 1-Oct-2014 to 18-Jan-2015).

I have resigned from Employer A and will be joining Employer B from 1-Oct-2014 onwards.

Can my Employer B file my GC immediately after my joining (within 2-3 months) or do i have to be with Employer B for at least one year before they can file my GC?

Thanks,
    Sumit

Originally posted by dadhwal1982 View Post
    Hi,

I have a question regarding the filing of GC.

I am on L1B visa from Employer A and completed 4.9 years, now Employer B has filed my H1B this year and i got the H1B for 14 months(from 1-Oct-2014 to 18-Jan-2015).

I have resigned from Employer A and will be joining Employer B from 1-Oct-2014 onwards.

Can my Employer B file my GC immediately after my joining (within 2-3 months) or do i have to be with Employer B for at least one year before they can file my GC?

Thanks,
    Sumit
    Employer B can file GC for you anytime.

Some employers have the policy of working for 1 Year before filing GC. But there is no such legal requirement. If they have such internal policy then it all depends how critical are you for them in order to change/go around this policy.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X