Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I know if my green card is employement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I know if my green card is employement?

Hi everybody, I really need help from you guys. The category of my green card is E37, but I don't know if this is an employment type of green card? and if this is an employment type of green card is it possible for me to change my job? or how long should I wait to change my job? Thanks in advance for your help.

If your card says "Permanent Resident," you have legal authority to work. Disregard the "E37" on the card, as that is a reference to the basis for which the card was issued.

If the card you are looking at does not say "Permanent Resident," it is not a Green Card.

--Ray B

Originally posted by chaky View Post
    Hi everybody, I really need help from you guys. The category of my green card is E37, but I don't know if this is an employment type of green card? and if this is an employment type of green card is it possible for me to change my job? or how long should I wait to change my job? Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      If your card says "Permanent Resident," you have legal authority to work. Disregard the "E37" on the card, as that is a reference to the basis for which the card was issued.

If the card you are looking at does not say "Permanent Resident," it is not a Green Card.

--Ray B
      Yes it says 'Permanent resident'. I don't know if this is employment based green card or not? If this is an employment based green card how long shouldn't I change my job? or will I be considered permanent resident If I work with this company or not?

Comment

It doesn't matter what the legal basis of the card issuance was. Once you have a Green Card, you are among the several million legal residents in the U.S. who all have the SAME rights and privileges here: to work anywhere they want, to travel anywhere in the U.S., and to reenter the U.S. after temporary travel abroad. Just don't try to vote in local or national elections.

--Ray B

Originally posted by chaky View Post
        Yes it says 'Permanent resident'. I don't know if this is employment based green card or not? If this is an employment based green card how long shouldn't I change my job? or will I be considered permanent resident If I work with this company or not?

Comment

It doesn't matter what the legal basis of the card issuance was. Once you have a Green Card, you are among the several million legal residents in the U.S. who all have the SAME rights and privileges here: to work anywhere they want, to travel anywhere in the U.S., and to reenter the U.S. after temporary travel abroad. Just don't try to vote in local or national elections.

--Ray B
          Thank you for your advice,

Comment

When you eventually apply for Naturalization, you might be asked how long you continued to work with the employer who assisted you in obtaining a Green Card. That's why it is a good idea to continue working with that employer for at least a couple of months

--Ray B

[QUOTE=chaky;364266]Thank you for your advice,

Comment

When you eventually apply for Naturalization, you might be asked how long you continued to work with the employer who assisted you in obtaining a Green Card. That's why it is a good idea to continue working with that employer for at least a couple of months

--Ray B
              Okay Rayb, Thank you for your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X