Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer to India, while GC is in process

Team,

My current Employer had filed for my GC(EB2) and the I-140 got approved this July 2014 and my priority date is set as Jan-2014.

Its been 6 Years I have been working in US (with couple of vacation trips to India), I would like to know, whether I can now return back to India, say for 2 to 3 years straight

and work with same Employer in India(Transfer from US to India), as they have a offshore Development Center in India, then come back to US(before the priority date is current) and start

working here in US again.

The main purpose is to spend some quality time with my parents, as I have been missing them for a long time now.

I would like to keep GC process keep progressing without any impact to it.

Pls let me know, the Pro's and Con's of this approach.

Thanks in Advance for your valuable suggestions!

The greencard that your employer is sponsoring is for a future job that you will hold after you get the green card. Therefore, as long as that job will be available to you when you get the green card, you don't have to be employed with that company or you don't have to be in the US.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      The greencard that your employer is sponsoring is for a future job that you will hold after you get the green card. Therefore, as long as that job will be available to you when you get the green card, you don't have to be employed with that company or you don't have to be in the US.
      Thank you for your response!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X