Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle name on green card not matching with passport and other documents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle name on green card not matching with passport and other documents.

Hi,

I have recently received my Green Card with the name printed as “Junaid A Ansari”. This name is only used in my birth certificate. All other documents like educational documents, passport and California State ID etc.. Show my name as “Junaid Ansari” without middle name.

So, my question is, I have already filed Form I-90 and if I get RFE because of my middle name then do I need to submit affidavit against my birth certificate, if yes then what will be the matter for the affidavit.

Thanks in advance I will appreciate for the quick response so that I can take further action.

Yours Sincerely

Junaid Ansari

Dear Junaid "A" Ansari,

In the U.S. a middle initial on one document, when compared with other documents, does not carry any legal force. Middle names (and initials) are considered suffixes that come and go at subject's inclination.

The Green Card was named with "A" because that was how you were named at birth.

Did you file an I-90 to change the Green Card, to remove the middle initial?

Did you actually receive an RFE resulting from your I-90? If so, what did the RFE ask for? If the RFE did not carry any threat of change of your status, I would just ignore it. But if you submitted your original Green Card with the I-90, you now have another problem.

--Ray B

Originally posted by junaid08 View Post
    Hi,

I have recently received my Green Card with the name printed as “Junaid A Ansari”. This name is only used in my birth certificate. All other documents like educational documents, passport and California State ID etc.. Show my name as “Junaid Ansari” without middle name.

So, my question is, I have already filed Form I-90 and if I get RFE because of my middle name then do I need to submit affidavit against my birth certificate, if yes then what will be the matter for the affidavit.

Thanks in advance I will appreciate for the quick response so that I can take further action.

Yours Sincerely

Junaid Ansari

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Dear Junaid "A" Ansari,

In the U.S. a middle initial on one document, when compared with other documents, does not carry any legal force. Middle names (and initials) are considered suffixes that come and go at subject's inclination.

The Green Card was named with "A" because that was how you were named at birth.

Did you file an I-90 to change the Green Card, to remove the middle initial?

Did you actually receive an RFE resulting from your I-90? If so, what did the RFE ask for? If the RFE did not carry any threat of change of your status, I would just ignore it. But if you submitted your original Green Card with the I-90, you now have another problem.

--Ray B
      Hi Ray,

Thank you for the response. I filed I-90 and submitted by green card along with the application. I got the letter to do again biometric. I didn't get any RFE I am just thinking if i get it what will the procedure.

Thanks,

Junaid

Comment

If you didn't get an RFE, and you probably won't, but you might be told to pay the $450 fee unless they decide it was a USCIS error.

--Ray B

Hi Ray,

Thank you for the response. I filed I-90 and submitted by green card along with the application. I got the letter to do again biometric. I didn't get any RFE I am just thinking if i get it what will the procedure.

Thanks,

Junaid

Comment

How the issue was resolved?

Hi,

Yours Sincerely

Junaid Ansari
          Junaid, what was the final solution to your case. Did they charge you fee? Did you re-submit old birth certificate as part of I-90?
          I have got exactly the same problem. They added a middle name from birth certificate, which we never use (middle name). In fact I have got corrected birth certificate, but haven't used yet.
          Thinking to file I90 with old and new birth certificate along with a letter. But, I wonder if they would charge the fee or not? Please share your experience.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X