Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sponsoring parents once we have a green card.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsoring parents once we have a green card.

Hello folks,

I have a couple of questions and looking for help. Appreciate any information that you guys can provide. Sorry if this has already been asked/answered before.

Is it possible for a green card holder to sponsor a dependent parent to live in the USA. If so, what is the process and the approximate time taken for the process to complete before the parent can come to USA. Also is it possible to get a parent to live in the USA (other than on the regular 6 month annual duration of tourist visa) while the green card is still in process for me.

From what I read on the USCIS website, only cizitzens can sponsor parents, not green card holders, but I wanted to know if there are any exceptions if we can establish the dependency of onces parents.

Thank you for your help with this.

You must be a U.S. citizen to petition a parent as an immigrant.

--Ray B

Originally posted by user3174 View Post
    Hello folks,

I have a couple of questions and looking for help. Appreciate any information that you guys can provide. Sorry if this has already been asked/answered before.

Is it possible for a green card holder to sponsor a dependent parent to live in the USA. If so, what is the process and the approximate time taken for the process to complete before the parent can come to USA. Also is it possible to get a parent to live in the USA (other than on the regular 6 month annual duration of tourist visa) while the green card is still in process for me.

From what I read on the USCIS website, only cizitzens can sponsor parents, not green card holders, but I wanted to know if there are any exceptions if we can establish the dependency of onces parents.

Thank you for your help with this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X