Addition of spouse name to GC application at later stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addition of spouse name to GC application at later stage

I am on L1A but my wife is on H1B and her employer is ready to file her GC under EB2. I might or not get a chance from my employer(same for both) soon to file under EB1.

Is it possible not to add my name in GC application of my wife and if in case my employer does not want to process my GC i can get my name added to her application.

Need help if above is possible and in case it is then at what stages we can add spouse ame to existing application.
    If we add spouse name later, do we both get GC at same time?

Also, if i we add my name right now and later my employer is ready to file my GC in EB1, will I be able to port or start my own application?

Originally posted by fountainhead View Post
    I am on L1A but my wife is on H1B and her employer is ready to file her GC under EB2. I might or not get a chance from my employer(same for both) soon to file under EB1.

Is it possible not to add my name in GC application of my wife and if in case my employer does not want to process my GC i can get my name added to her application.

Need help if above is possible and in case it is then at what stages we can add spouse ame to existing application.
    If we add spouse name later, do we both get GC at same time?

Also, if i we add my name right now and later my employer is ready to file my GC in EB1, will I be able to port or start my own application?
    As far as i know, you can add until yours or your spouse's GC is actually approved. Also, you can have your name added to your spouse's application AND start your own application later when your employer allows. I have my own filed and i later filed with my spouse too. You should of course ask your wife's lawyers - usually my lawyers advice to go ahead with every avenue possible and maybe later (once i get a GC from one of them), they will cancel the other application.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X