Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acceptable conditions for leaving employer after getting greenb card

Hi,

After working at my current job for almost 5 years, I finally got my green card through two months ago. And now I'm looking for a new job.
    I've read articles that leaving company who sponsored my green card too early could cause some troubles later in getting on Citizenship, which I'm not interested at the moment. But I'm worried about if I could get into trouble when I renew my green card or re-doing the who GC process if I happen to stay away from US for long period of time.

I was planning to stay until I make it 6 month after getting my green card, and then I found my company is merging with (more like being merged into) other company as of Jan 2017. So I'm wondering if I can use that as a reason to leave, since the company who sponsored me is no longer the same company. I could use reasons like the company policy and culture is different, and they tried to demote me (I don't know if that will happen though, they might promote me, but I just want to leave....)

Anyone who's knowledgable with this kind of case? I've been working at this company 5 years, if that helps to make a case.

Thanks,
    Y

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X