Need details on EB1(Executives /Managers) - Catergory GC filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need details on EB1(Executives /Managers) - Catergory GC filing

I am working for same organisation from 2009. I have worked at India office from 2009 till 2012 and then came to USA in 2012 and working with same organisation on client side.
    I was worked as supervisor at India office even though official designation was Software Engineer and Lead.
    I have performed below managerial acitivity at offshore/India.
    1) I have worked with the same organization for 3 year before entering to US.
    2) I have worked as a Reporting Manager ( Internal designation even though working as Lead/Supervisor) for more than one and half year outside US for the same organization and leading 8-10 profession resource and they are reporting me.
    3) I was responsible for resource work allocation.
    4) I was responsible for resource hiring.
    5) I was responsible for performance appraisal/promotion and leave authorization.
    6) Coordinate an organization financial and budget activities.
    7) Lead, Supervises and controls the work of other professional resources within the organization and resolve problems.

In 2012, I have came to USA with Lead/Supervisor designation to perform all above managerial activities.
    I got promoted to Project Manager role in 2015 end and working Project Manager since last 1 and half year and performing same above activities as onshore.

I would like to know, Do i am eligible for EB1 catergory as already performed activites under managerial capacity and also doing the same.
    I also have all the evidances for offshore and onshore activites.
    Thanks!

You supervised professionals who did the work? Not a manager
    You supervised people who supervised professionals who did the work? Maybe, weak case
    You directed people who managed supervisors who supervised professionals who did the work? You're a manager

From your description, you are not an executive
    Last edited by inadmissible; 03-20-2017, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Need details on EB1 (Managers) - Catergory GC filing

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      You supervised professionals who did the work? Not a manager
      You supervised people who supervised professionals who did the work? Maybe, weak case
      You directed people who managed supervisors who supervised professionals who did the work? You're a manager

From your description, you are not an executive

Yes. I am working as Manager and would like to know either I belongs to EB1 OR EB2 category based on my roles and responsibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by PP0812 View Post
        I am working for same organisation from 2009. I have worked at India office from 2009 till 2012 and then came to USA in 2012 and working with same organisation on client side.
        I was worked as supervisor at India office even though official designation was Software Engineer and Lead.
        I have performed below managerial acitivity at offshore/India.
        1) I have worked with the same organization for 3 year before entering to US.
        2) I have worked as a Reporting Manager ( Internal designation even though working as Lead/Supervisor) for more than one and half year outside US for the same organization and leading 8-10 profession resource and they are reporting me.
        3) I was responsible for resource work allocation.
        4) I was responsible for resource hiring.
        5) I was responsible for performance appraisal/promotion and leave authorization.
        6) Coordinate an organization financial and budget activities.
        7) Lead, Supervises and controls the work of other professional resources within the organization and resolve problems.

In 2012, I have came to USA with Lead/Supervisor designation to perform all above managerial activities.
        I got promoted to Project Manager role in 2015 end and working Project Manager since last 1 and half year and performing same above activities as onshore.

I would like to know, Do i am eligible for EB1 catergory as already performed activites under managerial capacity and also doing the same.
        I also have all the evidances for offshore and onshore activites.
        Thanks!
        If you are already in US on L1A visa then you are absolutely eligible.

Comment

Need details on EB1 (Managers) - Catergory GC filing

Originally posted by snathn View Post
          If you are already in US on L1A visa then you are absolutely eligible.
          Thank you. I am already in USA since last 4+ years and working on H1-B Visa. Still I am eligible for EB1 catergory as already performed activites under managerial capacity and also doing the same? .. Please correct me?

Comment

It sounds like you are conducting supervisory activities, not managerial activities

Comment

Applying on your own?

If your company is applying for you then they may make a case for you. If you are planning to apply on your own then different sets of criteria are looked at which are generally different than what you have listed.

Comment

Why are you not on L1A/B and instead on H1? You can still jump from H1 to EB1 in certain cases. Are the personnel you manage graduates or higher degree holders? If yes, it may make a case. Typically, professionals in US means people of the trade and supervising them is not managing them. The distant in hierarchy you are from actual "shop floor" the better a case it is for a multinational manager in my opinion.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X