EAD during Green Card Vs L2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD during Green Card Vs L2

Me & my family are currently going through the green card process. We received our EADs and my L1A is still valid. My wife is intending to use her EAD (under GC process) to get a job. Do i need to necessarily move my employment basis to the EAD in GC or can continue to use by L1A? Also, what happens during travel.. can i enter using my L1A and she can enter using her EAD / AP under green card process?
    Thanks
    Anand

I think you both should use EAD/AP. Not much info about visas, but if your visa is an immigrant visa that should be OK; however, why not to use EAD/AP?

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by Usform007 View Post
      I think you both should use EAD/AP. Not much info about visas, but if your visa is an immigrant visa that should be OK; however, why not to use EAD/AP?
      I agree. That is my current situation and I am using EAD/AP. Have you received your interview date yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Anand KR View Post
        Me & my family are currently going through the green card process. We received our EADs and my L1A is still valid. My wife is intending to use her EAD (under GC process) to get a job. Do i need to necessarily move my employment basis to the EAD in GC or can continue to use by L1A? Also, what happens during travel.. can i enter using my L1A and she can enter using her EAD / AP under green card process?
        Thanks
        Anand
        You can continue with the L-1A, and your wife will still be eligible to work on her AOS-based EAD. You can enter the U.S. on your L-1A, and she can enter on an EAD/AP. You're in a situation in which you have dual status as an L-1A and an AOS applicant. You're eligible for the benefits associated with both statuses.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X