Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply for Green Card with lower salary

Hi guys, I need some suggestion

Currently i am working under H1B with a salary 80k (leader role). However, my current employee is not going to start my GC process until my H1B is over which will be in next 5 years. I really do not want to wait that long.

So i am actively looking for other work place that can start my GC as soon as possible. I got a job offer from an university which is Web application developer and salary is 65k.They are willing to start my GC.

As you can see, the salary is lower, and the job title is not a leader role. I am not sure if it effects the GC process.

I am not from India and China, and i dont care much about the salary difference, as long as they can start my GC process.

I am debating myself to accept the job offer or keep searching for other opportunity.

Thank you
    Last edited by mrhello; 09-03-2018, 07:21 PM.

Originally posted by mrhello View Post
    Hi guys, I need some suggestion

Currently i am working under H1B with a salary 80k (leader role). However, my current employee is not going to start my GC process until my H1B is over which will be in next 5 years. I really do not want to wait that long.

So i am actively looking for other work place that can start my GC as soon as possible. I got a job offer from an university which is Web application developer and salary is 65k.They are willing to start my GC.

As you can see, the salary is lower, and the job title is not a leader role. I am not sure if it effects the GC process.

I am not from India and China, and i dont care much about the salary difference, as long as they can start my GC process.

I am debating myself to accept the job offer or keep searching for other opportunity.

Thank you
    None of those things affect your GC application.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
      None of those things affect your GC application.
      thanks for your response.

I though that, the higher salary, higher job title, the better chance that you can get GC approval. The new job offer have lower salary, lower job title, i believe they are still able to apply the GC. but not sure if it affects the change of getting GC approval.

Again, thanks.

Comment

thanks for your response.

I though that, the higher salary, higher job title, the better chance that you can get GC approval. The new job offer have lower salary, lower job title, i believe they are still able to apply the GC. but not sure if it affects the change of getting GC approval.

Again, thanks.
        Every GC petition is judged on its own merits. It has got nothing to do with your previous designation or salary. And bear in mind everything is relative viz., 80k may appear as a high salary to you, but for other positions and other job locations it is below the level of an entry level position. Does that mean that no GC petitions attached to a position with <=80k get accepted? No, right?

Comment

Every GC petition is judged on its own merits. It has got nothing to do with your previous designation or salary. And bear in mind everything is relative viz., 80k may appear as a high salary to you, but for other positions and other job locations it is below the level of an entry level position. Does that mean that no GC petitions attached to a position with <=80k get accepted? No, right?
          i see what you are saying, thanks for your honest feedback. I think i am lacking of GC information, in my mind, in order to get GC, you need to have a high salary, senior position, leader position,...stuff like that. And my new employee (in Tennessee) said that, they will apply for me, but not guarantee that i can get approval. Thats why i really need suggestion before i can accept the job offer as a Web Developer.

Comment

i see what you are saying, thanks for your honest feedback. I think i am lacking of GC information, in my mind, in order to get GC, you need to have a high salary, senior position, leader position,...stuff like that. And my new employee (in Tennessee) said that, they will apply for me, but not guarantee that i can get approval. Thats why i really need suggestion before i can accept the job offer as a Web Developer.
            It is a misconception that you need a high salary or a big fat title to get a GC petition approved. The only requirement for an employment based GC petition (either EB2 or EB3) is the lack of qualified citizens or permanent residents that meet the employer's criteria for educational qualifications / skill set and willing to work for the pay offered. The minimum pay that an employer can offer is mandated by the labor department for the position's geographic location and skill set requirements. Establishing this fact is the whole purpose of the PERM process. So how does one set the qualifications and/or pay to be able to pass this test is what the employer's attorneys guide them, and it is what they are paid for.

Comment

It is a misconception that you need a high salary or a big fat title to get a GC petition approved. The only requirement for an employment based GC petition (either EB2 or EB3) is the lack of qualified citizens or permanent residents that meet the employer's criteria for educational qualifications / skill set and willing to work for the pay offered. The minimum pay that an employer can offer is mandated by the labor department for the position's geographic location and skill set requirements. Establishing this fact is the whole purpose of the PERM process. So how does one set the qualifications and/or pay to be able to pass this test is what the employer's attorneys guide them, and it is what they are paid for.
              Great answer. thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X