Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB2 to EB1 porting and consular processing

Hello,

I have a question on porting GC application from EB2 to EB1 category and then doing consular processing.

My PD is April 2015 in EB2 Category. I am thinking of moving to India and stay for 12+ months and port the application from EB2 to EB1 Category.

Questions
    1. Do I need to file another I-140 application to port the category from EB2 to EB1? If yes, how long does it take?
    2. Assuming the filing date in EB1 category will be current by then, can I go for consular processing in India and get immigrant visa number? and how long does it typically take?

Anything that I need to think about before making decision of moving to India for a year?

Please provide with your suggestions as it will help me to take right decision.

Thank you!

Did you get an answer to your post? I’m thinking the same.

Comment

I'm in similar situation. Please suggest after reading my situation below

Last Year 2019 I moved from the USA to India and currently I'm in India.
      I have a valid I-140 and my priority date for green card is January 26th 2015 applied under EB3 category.

Currently I'm not working with the company which has processed my Green Card and I have shifted to a different company. Also My H1B got expired in 2020 March.

Last week I found as per Visa Bulletin my Priority Date became current.
      Based on my situation can you please help if I can apply for a Green Card under "Consular Processing" from India.

Comment

You will need to file new I140 with the new category or employer. You may still be able to keep the priority date. For now, I believe consular processing of GC has been suspended by US government.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X