Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I know when my visa is current

Hello Everyone

Please excuse me if I'm posting this in the wrong place since I'm brand new in this form

Basically I applied for an EB5 visa and all has been working out pretty well. However, the NVC has been taking some time to review my case after I send them my documents for review. So I called them yesterday and they told me that they finished reviewing and have approved my case on February 1st, but I must wait until my case becomes current. When I asked how long would that take, they told me they weren't sure but it would probably be by March. Now I was a little confused because according to my what I know, EB5 around the whole world is current except in main land China and Vietnam. I live in Saudi Arabia, which is considered from the rest of the world. Than how come my case isn't current. I thought about calling again and asking but I wanted to to make sure first.

Thank you all

Originally posted by Alaa2050 View Post
    Hello Everyone

Please excuse me if I'm posting this in the wrong place since I'm brand new in this form

Basically I applied for an EB5 visa and all has been working out pretty well. However, the NVC has been taking some time to review my case after I send them my documents for review. So I called them yesterday and they told me that they finished reviewing and have approved my case on February 1st, but I must wait until my case becomes current. When I asked how long would that take, they told me they weren't sure but it would probably be by March. Now I was a little confused because according to my what I know, EB5 around the whole world is current except in main land China and Vietnam. I live in Saudi Arabia, which is considered from the rest of the world. Than how come my case isn't current. I thought about calling again and asking but I wanted to to make sure first.

Thank you all
    If your EB5 is based on a direct investment the ROW category is Current.
    If your EB5 is based on an investment in a regional center, then the category is currently Unavailable.

If you made a direct investment, then you should definitely reach out and let them know that your visa category is current.
    Employment based AOS (EB1C) - San Bernardino office(CA)

JUL - 2018 - applications for I-485, I-765 and I-131 concurrent filing
    AUG - 2018 - bio metrics complete
    DEC - 2018 - I-765 & I-131 approved
    DEC - 2018 - combo cards received
    DEC - 2018 - courtesy letter for missing I-693
    DEC - 2018 - social security cards received
    DEC - 2018 - interview for I-485 scheduled
    JAN - 2019 - interview & on the spot approval
    FEB - 2019 - I-485 approved
    FEB - 2019 - green cards in hand 😎

Comment

Originally posted by BluePanther View Post
      If your EB5 is based on a direct investment the ROW category is Current.
      If your EB5 is based on an investment in a regional center, then the category is currently Unavailable.

If you made a direct investment, then you should definitely reach out and let them know that your visa category is current.
      Thank you so much for your reply. I have made an investment into a regional center, so do you think I should still call them? And is it normal that it is unavailable?

Comment

I live in Saudi Arabia, which is considered from the rest of the world.
        It doesn't matter where you live, it matters where you were born.
        The U for Regional Center is because the continuing resolution authorization has lapsed. From https://travel.state.gov/content/tri...uary-2019.html
        Employment Fifth Preference Categories (I5 and R5):

With the expiration of the continuing resolution on December 21, 2018 authorization for the immigrant investor pilot program has lapsed. No I5 or R5 visas may be issued overseas, or final action taken on adjustment of status cases. Therefore, the final action dates for the I5 and R5 categories have been listed as ?Unavailable? for February.

If there is legislative action extending them for FY-2019, the final action dates would immediately become ?Current? for February for all countries except China-mainland born, which would be subject to a September 1, 2014 final action date and Vietnam, which would be subject to a June 15, 2016 final action date.
        Usually the continuing resolution is extended as the government expending gets renewed. The U in February was related to government shutdown. I'm not sure if opening the government for 3 weeks included the renewal of this program.

Because the government may shutdown again in mid-February, then the visa bulletin for March may be having an U, again.

Good luck.
        Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
        Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
        Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
          It doesn't matter where you live, it matters where you were born.
          The U for Regional Center is because the continuing resolution authorization has lapsed. From https://travel.state.gov/content/tri...uary-2019.html

Usually the continuing resolution is extended as the government expending gets renewed. The U in February was related to government shutdown. I'm not sure if opening the government for 3 weeks included the renewal of this program.

Because the government may shutdown again in mid-February, then the visa bulletin for March may be having an U, again.

Good luck.
          So does that mean for the foreseeable future, no interviews will be set for EB5 ?

Comment

So does that mean for the foreseeable future, no interviews will be set for EB5 ?
            For EB5 Regional Center, I don't think so. But there are some cases that the interview is scheduled, then review if the PD is current, if not, then just wait to be current to get the GC. So you never know.

Let's wait for next weeks March 2019 visa bulletin, to see if it stays with U or changes to C. Good luck.
            Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
            Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
            Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
            ---
            All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X