Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eligibility for GC processing in EB2 Category

Hello All,
    I've total 9 Years and 9 Months of Experience till date.
    I've done B.Tech.(Computer Engineering) after completing my Diploma in Computer Technology.

My educational qualifications are as follows:
    1. B.Tech.(Computer Engineering): 3 Years (Direct 2nd Year to 4th Year)
    2. Diploma in Computer Technology: 3 Years
    3. Tenth

Details of my experiences are as follows:
    1. After completion of Diploma in Computer Technology and Before completion of B.Tech.(Computer Engineering): 2 Years
    2. After completion of B.Tech.(Computer Engineering) and Before joining the current Employer: 4 Years 10 Months
    3. After joining my Current Employer to Till Date: 2 Years 11 Months

My questions are as follows:
    1. What will be the total experience considered in my case from the following options, if I file Green Card in EB2 category with my Current Employer?
    i) After completion of Diploma in Computer Technology to Till date, i.e. 9 Years 9 Months?
    ii) After completion of Diploma in Computer Technology to Before joining the current employer, i.e. 6 Years 10 Months?
    iii) After completion of B.Tech.(Computer Engineering) to Till date, i.e. 7 Years 9 Months?
    iv) After completion of B.Tech.(Computer Engineering) to Before joining the current employer, i.e. 4 Years 10 Months?
    v) Something else?

2. Am I eligible for Green Card processing in the EB2 category with my Current Employer, if not then what should I do to file on EB2?

Any help will be highly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by suka View Post
    Hello All,
    I've total 9 Years and 9 Months of Experience till date.
    I've done B.Tech.(Computer Engineering) after completing my Diploma in Computer Technology.

My educational qualifications are as follows:
    1. B.Tech.(Computer Engineering): 3 Years (Direct 2nd Year to 4th Year)
    2. Diploma in Computer Technology: 3 Years
    3. Tenth

Details of my experiences are as follows:
    1. After completion of Diploma in Computer Technology and Before completion of B.Tech.(Computer Engineering): 2 Years
    2. After completion of B.Tech.(Computer Engineering) and Before joining the current Employer: 4 Years 10 Months
    3. After joining my Current Employer to Till Date: 2 Years 11 Months

My questions are as follows:
    1. What will be the total experience considered in my case from the following options, if I file Green Card in EB2 category with my Current Employer?
    i) After completion of Diploma in Computer Technology to Till date, i.e. 9 Years 9 Months?
    ii) After completion of Diploma in Computer Technology to Before joining the current employer, i.e. 6 Years 10 Months?
    iii) After completion of B.Tech.(Computer Engineering) to Till date, i.e. 7 Years 9 Months?
    iv) After completion of B.Tech.(Computer Engineering) to Before joining the current employer, i.e. 4 Years 10 Months?
    v) Something else?

2. Am I eligible for Green Card processing in the EB2 category with my Current Employer, if not then what should I do to file on EB2?

Any help will be highly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!

Hi Suka,

1) The experience will be considered after the completion of an equivalent of a Bach degree in the US. For a bachelor?s degree holder to count as an advanced degree professional, and therefore qualify for an EB-2 including a NIW, he/she needs to have at least five years of progressive experience following graduating from a bachelor?s program.

2) I would recommend to see if your B.Tech in your country of origin, translates to a B.Tech + Masters in the US. Because if that is the case you will only be required to prove 3 years of experience, or if your diploma is equivalent to a B. degree in the US then your experience will be considered from that point forward
    You can use companies like WES to do your transcripts.

Sources: https://www.hooyou.com/lc/articles/a...d-degrees.html , https://www.insvisa.com/immigrant/EB2.aspx , https://www. **** **.com/2011/07/15/...he-difference/
    EB2 - National Benefits Center (I-485/I-765/I-131)
    - Priority Date: 10/19/2018
    - Biometrics NOA: 11/09/2018
    - Biometrics Appt: 11/26/2018
    - Fingerprint Review Completed: 11/28/2018 and again on 12/05/2018
    - Combo card (I-765/I-131) approved: 05/03/2019
    - Combo card (I-765/I-131) received: 05/10/2019
    - Interview Notice: 10/03/2019
    - Case Approved: 10/04/2019
    - Card in hand: 10/10/2019
    (374 days of DOL/I-140 and 356 days of AOS = 730 days of Green Card Process)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X