Advice - Consular Processing - Travel via B2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice - Consular Processing - Travel via B2

Hi, i was hoping if I can get some advice from you guys about traveling to US. I am currently staying outside of US and filing my green card application (at the PERM stage) through consular processing. My question is if I can travel to US via B2 visa (already approved years ago) and stay with my siblings for couple months (my VISA allows me to stay in US up to 180 days) while waiting for my green card to be processed?

I have no intention to switch to AOS while I am visiting my siblings and I do plan to go back to interview at the embassy if everything goes smooth.

Will my travel pose any threat during consular interview?

Thank you!

Originally posted by Nallife View Post
    Hi, i was hoping if I can get some advice from you guys about traveling to US. I am currently staying outside of US and filing my green card application (at the PERM stage) through consular processing. My question is if I can travel to US via B2 visa (already approved years ago) and stay with my siblings for couple months (my VISA allows me to stay in US up to 180 days) while waiting for my green card to be processed?

I have no intention to switch to AOS while I am visiting my siblings and I do plan to go back to interview at the embassy if everything goes smooth.

Will my travel pose any threat during consular interview?

Thank you!

I think you can travel while on PERM. I'm not sure about B2 visa in particular but it should be like any other visa.
    Once you file for I-140 and Consular processing you will be required you to stay outside of the US while your visa gets approved
    EB2 - National Benefits Center (I-485/I-765/I-131)
    - Priority Date: 10/19/2018
    - Biometrics NOA: 11/09/2018
    - Biometrics Appt: 11/26/2018
    - Fingerprint Review Completed: 11/28/2018 and again on 12/05/2018
    - Combo card (I-765/I-131) approved: 05/03/2019
    - Combo card (I-765/I-131) received: 05/10/2019
    - Interview Notice: 10/03/2019
    - Case Approved: 10/04/2019
    - Card in hand: 10/10/2019
    (374 days of DOL/I-140 and 356 days of AOS = 730 days of Green Card Process)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X