Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i485 from a different company

Hi,

I worked for a company ABC for two years, then I moved to company XYZ and still working for XYZ.

Seven months back one of the labors of ABC company approved, then I requested for labor substitution with a plan that I will move to ABC within 3 months, got approved the i140 in May 2007. Then I applied for i485 in June 2007 and still working for XYZ.

Now can I move to ABC in August 2007? or I need to wait until my GC approved? Do I need to have an H1 from ABC to move to ABC now?

If I move to ABC in August 2007, Do I need to stay there until my GC approved or can I move to another company after 6 months?

Please help me ....

Thanks

Well it is upto you and the company but since GC is for future employment you dont have to work for them now.

Comment

i485 from a different company

dear waitin toolong

Now if I move to ABC, after working there for 6 months can use the EAD to move else where? or I need to work there until GC approved?

Infact I want to move to ABC, work there for an year then move on with EAD. Is it OK to do that?

Please help ...

Regards

Comment

You can move to ABC using EAD or H1 transfer right now. And you can leave them as early as 180 days after filing I-485

Comment

i485 from a different company

dear waitin toolong,

The 485 was submitted about 15 days ago, with i140 (labor substitution) of ABC. I am still with XYZ.

Can I move to ABC in Aug'2007 with H1 transfer and leave it after 6 months?

Thanks for help ...

Regards

Comment

I am sorry I was not clear before.

Yes you can join ABC right now

and leave then anytime after 180 days of I-485 filing

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...