• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Exam

Yesterday we went for a Medical Exam. They did the following

1. Tet**** Shot
    2. Blood test
    3. TB Skin test

and they asked us to come in 3 days to get the results. Dr said if there is a positive result for TB then X-ray is needed. When i asked about Vaccinations, the Dr said only Tet**** Shot is needed and the rest of them are all not necessary these days. Is this true ? They also charged only 180 $ total( which is far less than other drs in my area)..

Do i need any other Vaccinations ??

USCIS lists these Vaccinations as necessary -
    mumps, measles, rubella, polio, tet**** and diphtheria toxoids, pertussis, Haemophilus influenzae type b, and hepatitis B

Any one can u help me understand this please.

Raj

mumps, measles, rubella, polio, tet**** and diphtheria toxoids, pertussis, Haemophilus influenzae type b, and hepatitis B

In India, all children are given these vaccinations during childhood. So, if the doctor here asks you to take these, get a letter from your family doctor in India that you have taken these vaccinations during childhood. Save your money. Dont pay for unnecessary vaccines.

Comment

Thanks leifbo****

Comment

cool. I-485 becoming current is just an eyewash. People who have applied I-485 in 2004 with a priority date of 2002 havent got their green cards yet. So, everyone who applies for I-485 now will take at least 5 years (year 2012) to get their green cards. Most probably it will take much much longer and jobs are going to get lesser. So, it makes sense to spend as little as possible for the I-485 application.

Comment

Eventhough i agree with your presumption that GC will take 5 years, its lot better having an EAD rather than running through H1 extensions and stuck with Stupid consulting firms.

Its rather a great news for everyone who are looking for Permanent Jobs ( where GC, EAD is mandatory )

Comment

I'm going to get a medical done tomorrow. My question is that after all of these necessary documents have been filed and sent for processing, you said said that it will take around 5 years or more for a green card. Is there anything that is given before the green card that would enable a whole family to work and not just the current work visa holder? And also being able to leave the US without having to visit a US Embassy in the other country to be able to come back in the US? I ask because my father is on the work visa and i am in university at the moment and am itching to work to make some extra money to help with college.

Comment

The EAD and Advanced parole

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X