Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1 or L-1 after I-485 returned

Hi,

If I-485 is returned because USCIS got it in July, and if one goes back to India and later apply for H-1 or L-1, will there be a problem ? Since the application is not accepted in first place, will that matter ? Anyway, in the visa application we will be saying "yes" for the question "have you applied for any immigrant visa" ;( I guess.

Appreciate your response.

Since the application was returned, you can answer "no" for that question. You still are in the non-immigrant category so you will easily get any visa in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by leifbooger
      Since the application was returned, you can answer "no" for that question. You still are in the non-immigrant category so you will easily get any visa in the future.

Does not matter if you applied for 485 or not. Once you have applied for I-140 you have to say YES to the question because I-140 is an Immigrant visa petition.

Comment

Originally posted by sandeep_kad
        Does not matter if you applied for 485 or not. Once you have applied for I-140 you have to say YES to the question because I-140 is an Immigrant visa petition.
        The company you work for applies for labor and I-140 whereas I-485 is applied by you. I-140 is to petition for an alien worker to become a permanent resident in the United States. This form is filed on behalf of an alien, and not by the alien. You do not sign anywhere on the form I-140. Your company can file I-140 even without your knowledge.
        I-485 is to apply to adjust your (alien) status to that of a permanent resident of the United States. You need to sign the form I-485.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X