I-94 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 Issues

Hi guys. My H1 was issued till Sep 2008. When entering USA from Canada, my passport was to expire in mid sep 2007, so I was issued I-94 till mid Sep 2007. I was told when you will renew your passort new I-94 will be issued till the original expiry date on Visa. Now about to apply for Adjustment of status this week. With this back ground here are my questions:

1. Will I be able to work once my I-94 gets expired?
    2. How to renew my I-94. Should I apply for extension of my stay in USA to USCIS and on what form #, or my employer has to apply for my extension.

I am really puzzled what to do. Please help me.

Thanks.

Malik Jee

well if your passport has been renewed you can file for extension in the usual way. Since you have an H1 approval and LC your employer does not have to do anything, just apply as usual for extension include all documents i mentioned above plus a nice cover letter explaining the situation.

Ask the company lawyer.

you can continue to work if your application reaches USCIS before the expiry of I-94

Comment

Which Form should I use for extension, I-539 or any other.
      Thanks a bundle for your response.

Malik Jee

Comment

I-539

Comment

I 94 issue

Hi,
          I have a problem regarding my I-94 and a lot more confusion regarding what to do?
          I have L2 visa and entered in US on March-01-2013 ,Where in airport they issued My I-94 only Until June 2014 as my passport is expiring on same time ,but i have my Visa validity unitl Jan 2015.

When i asked in airport they said i can apply for new I 94 later for the rest of my visa period.Now iam applying for my New passport in SFO indian Embassy.
          Now my question is,some of my friends are telling me that i have to leave the country to get new I -94.Is that true?Can't i get it online or visiting any USCIS offices..
          If possible to apply online or visit any USCIS office,please let me know the procedures to do that way because right now im pregnant and due date is in may,so i do not want to leave the country to get New I -94.please suggest me the best way for this issue.

Comment

The I-94 is a record of entry, and can only be reissued upon "reentry" to the U.S.

I had this same issue with investor visa and religious worker visas, and the new expiration on an I-94 was most easily obtainable by leaving and reentering the U.S. and getting a new I-94.

This may not be the only answer, but it is my interpretation based on direct experience with the two visa types mentioned above.

--Ray B

Originally posted by mohinidhanekula View Post
            Hi,
            I have a problem regarding my I-94 and a lot more confusion regarding what to do?
            I have L2 visa and entered in US on March-01-2013 ,Where in airport they issued My I-94 only Until June 2014 as my passport is expiring on same time ,but i have my Visa validity unitl Jan 2015.

When i asked in airport they said i can apply for new I 94 later for the rest of my visa period.Now iam applying for my New passport in SFO indian Embassy.
            Now my question is,some of my friends are telling me that i have to leave the country to get new I -94.Is that true?Can't i get it online or visiting any USCIS offices..
            If possible to apply online or visit any USCIS office,please let me know the procedures to do that way because right now im pregnant and due date is in may,so i do not want to leave the country to get New I -94.please suggest me the best way for this issue.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X