Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can there be a salary increase with GC processing

Hello all,
    I am currently in the stage where my I-140 is approved, I-485 pending. Iam negotiating a salary hike with my current employer and wanted to know if this would have any effect on my GC processing? I believe only the job description shouldn't change?

Thanks for your help.

Nikki

As far as I am aware of, if they don't change your position description, they can boost your salary, they may be a limit for the job category, ask your lawyer. They protect more that you are not underpaid though.

Comment

Can I change my employer?

Hi,
      Thanks for the reply. It is more than 180 days from my I-485 receipt date and my I-140 was approved before that. So can I change my employer? If so what does my new employer need to do to continue with the GC processing?

Thanks
      Nikki

Comment

If you are going to use EAD then, some people say you don't have to do any, some others say you need to collect new employment letter and draft a free form letter that you completed 180 days, and you wish to use AC21 portability, gothrough the threads, you will find sample letters. If the new company is willing to pay, you can take help of attorney.

If you are going on H1 transfer, tell the attorney that you are using AC21 portability.

Keep a copy of i140 approval with you, if you leave your current employer they may withdraw 140, it is not a problem to you. Keep paystubs etc.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X