Adjustment for out of status spouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustment for out of status spouse

Hi guys, you do a really good job with this site. Some of you should really become immigration attorneys. Seriously!

I have a really serious situation - I have an approved LC and 485 with PD of 12/2005 which recently became current. At the time the 485 was filed in July 2005, I was neither engaged or unmarried so there was no inclusion of my wife on the application. I have since been married to someone who came on a visitor's visa 7 years ago and overstayed her time. I am expecting that the GC will be approved soon. What are my options for getting her adjusted and in status? Seems to me like I have to wait until I become a USC and petition for forgiveness or waiver for her which will be 5 years or more from now. What are my other options to get her in status without her having to leave the country which might subject her to a ban? How do you recommend that I proceed on this? Thanks for your response.

Duplicate post!

Not much you can do until you become a citizen. More here

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X