Possible Layoff / Biometrics Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Layoff / Biometrics Done

I have a friend who may face a layoff and last I knew some years back he was on an H1B. However, I do know that he was pursuing a GC and several months ago he had a biometric appointment. So, he may be in adj pending status. He does not get very clear information from his attorney nor does he get copies of everything BCIS sends out which means I don't know where he is in the application process (he does not even know his receipt # to check status online). I believe his employer sponsored his GC app. I am currently trying to determine if he has EAD. He is Filipino.

My question is whether he has anything to worry about? Thanks!

Without knowing anything else, it is hard to say. What does the biometrics notice have in it?

It is like saying my friend is driving on an interstate and you don't know where he is headed to and asking us to tell which interstate he might be on.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Found out he has an EAD and has long completed the I-485, and his labor cert was completed. He apparently is just waiting for green card approval now, taking long time since he is from the Phillippines.

Comment

If it is an employment based petition, he needs to find a same/similar job that matches the green card labor. Look into AC21 use on the forum and do some reading on it if you want to help your friend.

He needs to tell USCIS that his permanent sponsor has changed to the *new* company and provide proof of it in terms of an offer letter and write a letter. If he is not familiar with the immigration deal, an attorney consultation is definitely needed.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X