Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Employer found another qualified candidate during recruitment process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer found another qualified candidate during recruitment process?

My employer found another qualified candidate during recruitment process for my Green Card. How long I have to wait to restart my green card processing?
    Should I stick with my current company or change my company?

Aah! Ouch!

If your employer found another qualifying candidate who's either a Permanent Resident or an USC, then your employer has no choice but to hire that person.

In case, that person does not want to get hired by your employer, then with proper documentation your case can proceed.

Otherwise, your employer needs to start the process all over again.

In your case, it's your call whether you feel comfortable with this employer and if you feel that there is no foul play in the process, then you can do the math and decide.

Just take into account, what happens if this repeats!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the response.
      Do you know how long I have to wait before my curent employer can restart this process?
      Should there be any time gap?

Comment

There is no wait time. If there are 2 positions listed, and one remains, it can still be you.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks again but my scenario is little different, I've been working for a mid size consulting company for last 2 years and I decided to file my Green Card 6months ago.

My company did RIR (Reduction in Recruitment) process for me and during that time they found a qualified US candidate (as I have been told). There is only one position available so they told me that they can not going to hire that person (because company's client whom I'm working for would not agree to it, I'm sure).

Also I been told that to restart my RIR (Reduction in Recruitment) process my company have to wait at least 6 months.

I wanted to know:
          If there is any law that states that the company has to wait 6 months to reapply for the same person?

If this is true do I have any other option other than waiting for 6 months?

Comment

RIR is long gone. It is PERM now.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Ohh, so I don't know what is the process name but after newspaper advertising they found a qualified US candidate for my position.

Comment

/perm-labor-certification/

Read more about PERM process here. There is no wait but they have to re-do the whole thing from scratch.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X