Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Frames

Hello,

My husband is on the H1 and I'm on the H4. We will soon be starting our Green Card madness sponsored by my husband's company. We've been trying to get some idea of the time frames we are looking at- but have been getting such contradictory information on the net that we are no longer sure if we are coming or going- hence, my three questions here.

We are Indian nationals living in California. My husband has a Ph.D and has published scholarly papers in his field. He is employed in research in the tech industry.

Question 1. Should he be filing EB1 or EB2?

Question 2. If EB2: How soon after we file Labor Certification can we expect to be able to apply for the EAD, given the current priority date scenario?

Question 3. If EB1: since all dates appear to be current, can we file I140/I148 and EAD all at once? How soon from the filing date can we expect the EAD in this case?

I look forward to hearing from the experienced folks out there! Thank you for your time.

As your husband is a PhD holder and may qualify for EB-1 hopefully, I would advise you all to contact an attorney who has experience in EB-1 or EB-2 NIW.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

thanks for responding, DMX17!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X