5th Yr H1-F1-Green Card issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th Yr H1-F1-Green Card issues

Thanks a bunch to all you guys who respond back to our queries!

I am in 5th yr of my H1 expiring in Oct-2010. I havent started my GC yet, but could do so soon. I got an MS in Chem. from Princeton (author 2 journal papers) and work in a top Pharma firm in marketing. However, I plan to start an MBA in Sep-2010 and am worried that if I start my GC now, I would be denied an F1 later, which I would need "if I get into an MBA program”. My understanding is that an F1 implies that I “do not” plan to immigrate. Thus, would filing for a GC (implying an intent to immigrate) now prevent me from getting an F1 later due to this conflict?

In general, even if I start the GC process now, do I have enough time left to that I can get an extension on my H1 and continue to stay in the US?

Please advise.

Thanks

Your concerns about F1 are true. To be able to extend the H1b beyound 6 years, you need to have the labor filed at the least 365 days prior to the H1b period completion. Any period spent outside US on vacations can be recaptured.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X