Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Exam Validity

Hi,

I recently received the GC interview date, and one of the things it asks for is "A completed medical examination (Form I-693) and vaccination supplement (unless already submitted within the last one year).

My PD for EB1A is March 8, 2017, and I submitted my I-693 in May 2018 after I got an RFE (Doctor signed I-693 on May 1st, 2018). I received the notice to appear for interview on Monday with the interview date in the first week of July.

Do I need to once again do the Medical Exam? I looked up the following link and trying to understand the legalese in it.

A. Results of the Medical ExaminationThe physician must annotate the results of the examination on the following forms:Panel Physicians

-------

A completed Form I-693 submitted to USCIS before November 1, 2018 retains its evidentiary value to support a finding that an applicant is not inadmissible based on health-related grounds if it meets any of the following scenarios:
    • The civil surgeon signs Form I-693 more than 60 days before the applicant files the underlying benefit application with USCIS, but the applicant submits Form I-693 to USCIS no more than 1 year after the civil surgeon signed Form I-693; and USCIS issues a decision on the underlying benefit application no more than 1 year after the date the applicant submitted Form I-693 to USCIS.
    • The civil surgeon signs Form I-693 no more than 60 days before the applicant files the underlying benefit application with USCIS; and USCIS issues a decision on the underlying benefit application no more than 2 years after the date of the civil surgeon’s signature.
    • The civil surgeon signs Form I-693, and the applicant submits Form I-693, after the applicant files the benefit application with USCIS; and USCIS issues a decision on the underlying benefit application no more than 2 years after the date of the civil surgeon’s signature.

--------------------

From looking at the last bullet point and my understanding of it does it mean that my I-693 is valid till 4/30/20?

Thank you all for your help.

Praveen

Your I-693 is valid until 4/30/2020

My guess is that they haven't updated the interview appointment notice to change the "within the last one year".

Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X