Case Was Returned To USCIS By The Executive Office of Immigration Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Was Returned To USCIS By The Executive Office of Immigration Review

I have applied I-485 for my families based on a pending I-140 NIW program. I have got the message which says On July 5, 2019, the Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR) returned your case, Receipt Number MSC YYYY X, to a USCIS office for review. We will notify you of our action within 60 days of the EOIR decision. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. I don't know whether this is good or not. Please share your experience. Thanks

I didn't know what EOIR was, so I googled it:
    The Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) is an agency within the US Department of Justice which is responsible for deciding whether immigrants are deportable/removable from the United States.
    My guess is that USCIS sent your information to EOIR to see if you were deportable/removable. It looks like they made their decision and send it back to USCIS for review. I hope its good news. Good luck.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

I got this same message for my I-140 NIW case on the USCIS website and the next day my I-140 was approved. I had also filed an I-485 filed based on my pending I-140.
      The total time taken for my I-140 to be approved was 7 months.
      The following are the messages I had.
      • 07/30/2019 The Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR) returned your case to a USCIS office for review.
      Case Was Approved

On July 31, 2019, we approved your Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, Receipt Number LIN ZZZ. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X