Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EB2 I-140 Approved - In 7th year of H1 - Need to move to another job - What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB2 I-140 Approved - In 7th year of H1 - Need to move to another job - What to do?

Here is my situation. Please send in your thoughts/suggestions/ideas...

- I have an approved I-140 under EB2 category with a priority date of May 2008.
    - I am completing my 6th year on my H1 and entering my 7th year for company A.
    - I am getting a better irresistible job offer through Company B.

Given the scenarios, what is the wise thing to do?

Can I switch my H1 to Company B and also reapply labor followed by 140 through Company B [I am assuming there is no easy way to tranfer I-140 from A to B].

Also, through Company B, I am getting a managerial role. Would that mean, will I be able to apply under EB1[understood, it is not that easy to determine by that one line..but..]

Also,

Comp A - my current comp is a consulting firm
    Comp B - My current client for which Comp A is a consultant. Does not have immigration related department or a law firm associated. They will have to find a new one. Let us assume for a second that I can participate in selecting the best firm, which of the following is a good scenario.

Scenario 1) Is it a good idea to ask the law firm that Company A has been utilizing to continue doing the processing for Company B.

Scenario 2) If I go for a new law firm, they will have to do my H1 transfer and EB2/EB1 processsing, will I still need old law firm's help in getting any paper work from them?

Also, say if I apply EB1 and EB2 in parallel, god forbid - EB1 does not go through, will I still be fine with EB2 being processed in parallel?

Any other thoughts...much appreciate your time and suggestions.

Thanks!

I was in your shoes 15 years ago... however I told the firm (my client who wanted to hire me) to hold on for 6 months, as it was simply not worth going thru the entire process and most likely I would be out of time.

I would not advice a move unless labor transfer is possible ( exact same job description ), in your case it does not seem to be so.

Tred carefully a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. You may end up with nothing and having to leave the country.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X