Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Ok, so I really want to settle in the states, I am of Indian origin, however because my dad is a diplomat, I have been living in several countries for equal periods of my life as a diplomat(the reason I want to settle in the states is because I have always been to American schools and feel comfortable with American kids more than any other), I am 18 now and will be doing my B.A. in Business Management from this September. This is a 4 year degree, the 3rd year is a work placement year.

I was thinking that this may place me in the section of "U.S. bachelor degree equivalent with work experience and offer from an American business", to what extent am I right and what is the probability of me getting a green card?

Ideal would have been if your father applied for a GC to Immigrate to the US after his foreign service and you were under 18, you would have automatically immigrated.

As I can see that you have passed that option and did not consider it. You have 2 options.

1. Employer Based ( Get a F1 for your studies then convert to a H1 on employment and GC via employer)

2. Thru marriage ( Any time when you marry a US citizen)

Comment

Originally posted by revendel View Post
      I am 18 now and will be doing my B.A. in Business Management from this September. This is a 4 year degree, the 3rd year is a work placement year.

I was thinking that this may place me in the section of "U.S. bachelor degree equivalent with work experience and offer from an American business", to what extent am I right and what is the probability of me getting a green card?
      The answer to the real question is that your degree from abroad technically is not a 4-yr course work degree equivalent to a US degree. For a foreign degree to be considered U.S equivalent, the course work should include 4 yrs of actual studying and does not include any work placement type 4th year.

I mean there are co-ops in the U.S universities too, but doing co-ops just extends your graduation but does not completely reduce the the course work by the number of years you have been working as a co-op.
      Check out H1 FAQs first!
      http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X